Poster (by Craig Maher)
Everything you know will become nothing. Maybe it already has.
A cerebral sci-fi film exploring consciousness and the end of the world.
- “...what low budget genre filmmaking should be; unique, challenging, and overflowing with big ideas, money limitations be damned...these folks have created an entire world unto its own, populated by bizarre characters, a near fetishistic infatuation with outdated technology, and rad concepts the likes of which you have never seen before.” - Daniel XIII, Famous Monsters of Filmland
- ““Magnetic is a love letter to our need for purpose and belonging, to the circuitry that binds us to ourselves and others—and to rotary phones, cassette tapes, and the sound of sweet, sweet synthpop. But you’ll probably think it was about something else entirely.” – Melinda Green, Boston Underground Film Festival
- “…as with [The Prisoner], those who stick with the tale will be richly rewarded.” - Jeff Berkwits, Sci Fi Magazine
- “With Magnetic, the pair managed to harness a phenomenal performance out of their lead and turn in a thought provoking and reflective examination on our need for intimacy.” –Mike Snoonian, All Things Horror
- Boston Underground Film Festival 2015 (Boston, MA) - World Premiere
- Motor City Nightmares Film Festival 2015 (Novi, MI) - Winner Best Sci-Fi Feature
- Sanford International Film Festival 2015 (Sanford, ME) - Winner Best Music and Score, Nominated for Best Feature, Best Editing, and Exceptional Acting
- Horror Hotel 2015 (Cleveland, OH) - Winner Runner-up Best Sci-Fi
- GEN-CON 2015 (Indianapolis, IN)
- Fantasmagorical 2015 (Louisville, KY) - Winner Best Soundtrack and Honorable Mention: Sci-Fi Feature
- From the Beyond 2015 (Chicago, IL) - Winner Best Feature
- Indie Gathering International Film Fest 2015 (Hudson, OH) - Winner 2nd Place Sci-Fi Feature
- Galactic Film Festival 2015 (Los Angeles, CA) - Nominated Best Screenplay
- Imaginarium 2015 (Louisville, KY) - Winner Best Direction, Runner-up Best Genre Feature, Runner-up Best Plot Development, Runner-up Best Character Development
- Terror Film Festival 2015 / Claw Awards 2015 - Winner Best Special Effects, Nominated Best Feature, Nominated Best Director
- Another Hole in the Head 2015 (San Francisco, CA)
Allix Mortis is a Boston-based burlesque, drag, and cabaret performer and producer. Since 2010 Allix has helped produce and perform in burlesque and drag shows all over the greater New England area.
Allix is a mainstay of the Boston burlesque scene, performing regularly with a variety of troupes and production companies. They are the founder and host of WTF Queerlesque, a seasonal variety show, celebrating queer artists and the creator of Royally Talented, an emerging artists showcase and competition. Allix has performed at festivals around the country including Fierce: The International Queer Burlesque Festival, The Austin International Drag Festival, The International Nerdlesque Festival, and the Ohio Burlesque Festival. Allix has been a feature performer at Boston Pride events in 2014 and 2015.
Allix has been singing and studying music for more than half their life and has appeared on stages in Germany, England, New York, and has also sung with The Boston Pops, and on a number of the songs on the soundtrack to Magnetic.
Kelly Davidson is an NEPA award-winning photographer who has been shooting the Boston music scene for over 10 years, a photojournalism graduate from BU and a longstanding member of NPPA and BPPA . This is her second film with Launch Over.