END ZONE 2
1970 film restoration from Launch Over
Fifteen years after the events of End Zone, Smash-Mouth is back to finish off the cheerleaders who killed his mother.
Produced by Tex Beckerson, Jacques Renault; Written by L. Ray Hobbson; Directed by August Kane; Starring: Percy Wynne, Bernadette Ryan, Dahlia Dimont, Patricia Ford, Melody Riviera, Mikey Smash, Randall Browning
About the restoration:
End Zone 2 was shot in 1969 on a modified Arri 16ST. Most 16mm release prints were struck from the original composite negative, which was eventually irrevocably damaged in the process. Six partial prints and a partial Italian internegative (the only source for the titles) were used to recreate the film in as close a form as possible to the original presentation based on written records and a partial magnetic audio master. While some prints were prepared with widescreen mattes, the film is presented here in unmatted form with 1.375:1 aspect ratio. As with all previous attempts at restoration, it was not possible to locate the last thirty minutes of the film. It is believed to be lost.
Launch Over is honored to present this landmark work to the public for the first time since its original theatrical run.
- FrightFest, London UK - World Premiere: August 29, 2022
- Screamfest, Los Angeles, CA - North American Premiere: October 19, 2022
- Nightmares Film Festival, Columbus, OH - Midwest Premiere: Oct 23, 2022
- Be Afraid Horror Fest, Gorizia, ITALY - Nov 24-27, 2022
- STUFF - South Texas Underground Film Festival, Corpus Christi, TX - Nov 30-Dec 4, 2022
- New York City Horror Film Festival, NYC - East Coast Premiere: Dec 1-4, 2022